Tuesday, October 9, 2012

J.Crew of Seasons Past: {a look in the closet}

It's that time again, to take a look at an image of J.Crew pieces from seasons past! As caribbelle (in this post) so beautifully termed, "ye olde j crew of yore".

This post features a page from J.Crew's Holiday catalog from 2007. It was a destination catalog, featuring the beautiful countryside of Argentina.

The video below shows some behind-the-scenes clips of the photo shoot.

 

What are your thoughts on the look(s)/item(s) from the past? Do you find the look(s)/item(s) classic or do you think they are dated?

7 comments:

  1. Love the video, thanks, Alexis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss it. I always used to fantasize that the clothes would transport me to something special...clam bake on the Cape or Christmas in some exotic location. Now the clothes are mostly shot with white backgrounds and I don't really get a FEELING anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The American Observer - AGREED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, sorry, I was just mentioning that I thought the video was from 2007, not 2009, as I have both catalogs, but it says that at the beginning of the video - duh on my part! Anyway, I LOVE this catalog, it is probably my second favorite of all time, and I page through it still. Thank you so much, Alexis, for sharing the video!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paula for pointing that out! I updated the post with the right year. :)

      Delete
  5. ahh the good lod days when the clothes made sense, were affordable and well made but still just a bit more special than everyone else's...

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)